In order to accommodate the needs of all our patients Dr. Plant offers several types of consultations. All consultations are with Dr. Plant, not a sales consultant.
- Virtual consultations: We are currently offering 20 minute virtual consultations with Dr. Plant at no charge. Although we do not charge consultation fees for virtual consultations at this time, a credit card number may be required at the time of booking in order to reserve your appointment. All patients seen virtually for their consultation will be seen in person for their pre-op to ensure they have met Dr. Plant personally before their surgical procedure. Measurements for breast procedures will be taken at this time.
- In-person consultations: In-person consultations take approximately 30 minutes. Because of the limited time available for these consultations there is a consultation fee of $200 + HST
- Executive consultations: Because the wait for one of our standard consultations can be lengthy, for those who are looking for surgery in the very near future we offer 2 executive consultations per week. These take place on surgical days at 7am before Dr. Plant’s surgical day. The cost associated with these consultations is $300 + HST. Executive consultations can take place in person or virtually depending on patient preferences.
- Second opinions: Dr. Plant is always happy to provide a second opinion to patients who have recently had surgery elsewhere. For patients looking for a second opinion on a surgical procedure that has taken place within the past 9 months there will be a fee of $200 + HST. These consultations are only available in person.
Consultation fees are non-refundable however will be applied to the surgical fees if a deposit is placed within 30 days of your consultation. You may cancel or modify your appointment without charge anytime up to 48 hours preceding the start time of your appointment. Less than 48 hours’ notice is considered a “Late Cancellation” and will result in a cancellation fee equivalent to the cost of your consultation fee. If you do not cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be considered a “No Show” and will be charged the cancellation fee. Since virtual consultations are free at this time, a rebooking fee of $50 will be applied to anyone who wishes to reschedule their consultation after a Late Cancellation or No-Show.
Appointments that are booked within the 48-hour period are still subject to the cancellation policy.
Following your consultation with Dr. Plant, you will be given a quote for the procedure. Fees can vary based on the time needed to perform the procedure, the difficulty and extent of the work and any medical devices used (implants, garments, special instruments). While many offices choose to break down their costs into individual components, we believe in all-in pricing so that you know exactly what your costs will be up front and will never have to pay any surprise fees at a later date. The only cost that is not covered with your quote is the dispensing fee your pharmacist charges for your prescriptions, which is generally less than $100 for patients who do not have prescription drug coverage. Fees include all surgical fees, facility fees, anaesthesia fees, pre-op and post-operative follow-ups. Surgical quotes are valid for 6 months from the date of consultation.
We accept cheque, certified cheque/bank draft, Visa, MasterCard and cash only. We do not accept debit cards at this time however we do accept interac e-transfers.
If you wish to finance your procedure we do offer financing through a third party and we work with Medicard and Credit Medical to allow you to price compare and get the best rate for yourself.
A $1000 deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your surgical date and time. The deposit is needed to secure the operating room, nursing staff, and anesthesia staff necessary for your procedure on the chosen date and to prevent other patients from booking into this time.
Because many people on our team have committed their time (and potentially declined work elsewhere) it is necessary for us to compensate them. As a result, we have developed the following cancellation policy to try and balance the interests of both staff and patients.
Our refund policies are as follows:
- Cancellation greater than 4 weeks before day of surgery: $500 processing fee charged, remainder of deposit refunded
- Cancellation more than 2 weeks but less than 4 weeks before day of surgery: $1,000 deposit charged, remainder of payments refunded
- Cancellation less than 2 weeks before day of surgery: 50% of surgical fee is refunded
- Cancellation less than 48 hours before day of surgery: No refund of fees
- Surgery may be rescheduled if notified at least 2 weeks in advance. If less than 2 weeks notice, a $500 rescheduling fee will be charged.
- In order to ensure a smooth and safe procedure, we require that all forms including consents, bloodwork (if required) and payments are due no later than two weeks before the surgery. If we are unable to obtain all the required information and payment by this time, we will be forced to reschedule you for a later date. A rescheduling fee of $500 will apply.
- Similarly, we require that all patients have a responsible adult to escort them home from surgery and that patients not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. Surgery that is rescheduled because of non-compliance with these pre-op instructions will also be subject to a $500 rebooking fee.
- Any procedures rescheduled for legitimate medical reasons (a physicians letter may be required) will not be subject to the above rescheduling fee
Our rescheduling policies are as follows.
- In general, surgery may be rescheduled without a penalty if we are notified at least 4 weeks in advance. Surgery is considered rescheduled only when a new date is chosen at the time of rescheduling, anything else will be considered a cancellation and be subject to the cancellation policy.
- Rescheduling a procedure less than 4 weeks (but more than 2 weeks) before day of surgery: $500 rescheduling fee charged
- Rescheduling a procedure less than 2 weeks before the day of surgery will result in the loss of deposit and a new $1000 deposit must be placed to secure a new date.
In order to ensure a smooth and safe procedure, we require that all forms including consents, bloodwork (if required) and payments are due no later than two weeks before the surgery. If we are unable to obtain all the required information and payment by this time, we will be forced to reschedule you for a later date. A rescheduling fee of $500 will apply.
Similarly, we require that all patients have a responsible adult to escort them home from surgery and that patients not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery. Surgery that is rescheduled because of non-compliance with these pre-op instructions will also be subject to a $500 rebooking fee.
Any procedures rescheduled for legitimate medical reasons (a physician’s letter may be required) will not be subject to the above rescheduling fee
Any questions or concerns, please contact our office at your earliest convenience.
Surgery is not an exact science and there are aspects of the healing process that are beyond our control once the surgery is concluded. As a result, we can guarantee a significant improvement and a good result, but we cannot guarantee perfection. Although rare, sometimes there is a need for revisionary surgery. In cases where revision surgery is required, Dr. Plant may waive his surgical fee, however, facility fees, anesthesia fees, and implants or garments (where applicable) are typically the responsibility of the patient. Because it takes time for all swelling to resolve and scars to fade, revision surgery is typically performed at least six months after the initial procedure.