- What Are Wrinkle Reducers?
- Am I the Right Candidate for Wrinkle Reduction?
- Are Wrinkle Reducers safe?
- How Can I Decide if Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® are Right For Me?
- What Can I Expect from a Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® Treatment with Dr. Plant?
- Does the treatment hurt?
- What are the common side effects?
- Who Will Be Doing My Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® Treatment?
- How Will I Look After Treatment?
- When Will I See Results and How Long Will They Last?
- Will My Wrinkles Be Worse If I Stop Treatment?
- Do Wrinkle Reducers Travel Elsewhere in My Body?
- How Much Will Treatment Cost?
- What Wrinkle Reducer Brands Does Dr. Plant Offer?
- Related Links
What Are Wrinkle Reducers?Wrinkle reducers are injectable medications known as neuromodulators that block the signals sent from the brain telling muscles to contract. This allows for the reduction of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movements, known as dynamic wrinkles. Muscles are responsible for all of our facial expressions like smiling, frowning, and laughing. Over the years, these repetitive movements contribute to the formation of wrinkles and lines in the face because they continuously fold and crush the skin. Neuromodulators help to stop the formation of these wrinkles and lines by weakening the muscles that cause them. The lines that are most treatable with neuromodulators are in the forehead, near the eyes (a.k.a crows feet), and between the eyebrows (a.k.a ‘The 11s”). Patients treated by Dr. Plant with neuromodulators will still make natural facial expressions, but the weaker muscles will not form lasting wrinkles and lines.
Am I the Right Candidate for Wrinkle Reduction?If you are looking to reduce wrinkles and lines in the face for a younger appearance, you may be a candidate for a neuromodulator treatment. These Wrinkle Reducers are available for both men and women seeking nonsurgical, minimally invasive facial rejuvenation solutions.
Are Wrinkle Reducers safe?All Wrinkle Reducers used by Dr. Plant are approved by Health Canada.
How Can I Decide if Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® are Right For Me?During your consultation with Dr. Plant, he will review your concerns and goals to recommend the best treatment for you. Before proceeding with any treatment, he will explain everything to you in detail, including the costs, and you will have the opportunity to review an informed consent form that explains all the risks and benefits of Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport®.
What Can I Expect from a Botox® Cosmetic or Dysport® Treatment with Dr. Plant?Once you and Dr. Plant decide on the right treatment for you, there are certain treatment steps you can expect. Dr. Plant will clean the skin with Alcohol first to prevent infection, then using a very, very small needle he will then inject the product into targeted points in the face to achieve the goals you set together. The appointment should not take any longer than 30 minutes.